Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Dot Manicure

St. Patrick's Day Dot Manicure

St. Patrick's Day means a green manicure, of course.  I love how easy this manicure was and how it turned out.  I started out with two easy coats of Essie Mojito Madness.  This is the first time I've tried this polish and I have to say that the color is a gorgeous light grassy green cream with a fantastic formula.  I then took my fancy dotting tool (a.k.a. a bobby pin) and made the larger dots with Essie Mint Candy Apple.  I created the smaller dots with the same bobby pin using less pressure.  For the smaller dots I used Essie Absolutely Shore.  Although hard to see, I went back over the big dots with the bobby pin to create a bit of contrast with OPI My Vampire Is Buff which is one of my all time favorite colors.  Overall I love the look of this quirky and fun manicure.  Also, notice the rare Midwest winter sun.  Love it! 
These nails are a re-creation of a mani originally done by Pshiiit.



 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute:) I love Mojito Madness! I have some dotting tools that I got a few months ago and have been scared to use them. I may need to try:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mojito madness too, such a wonderful formula. Break out those dotting tools :) I bet you could do amazing nail designs with them!

      Delete