Saturday, August 24, 2013

OPI First Date at the Golden Gate: Swatches and Review

Hi everyone and happy Saturday.  Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?  I am still recovering but I am pretty sure I will be making a trip to Ulta just to get out of the house :)  Is it weird I've been looking forward to it for the last three days?  Sad but true I'm afraid ;)

Today I have the first of the reds from the OPI San Fransisco collection.  I'm not really a red fan, but I did like this one.  First Date at the Golden Gate is a medium red crelly polish with orange undertones.  The formula was good for a crelly, I could have used three coats in some spots, but if you are careful, two would be fine.  I used two coats with topcoat for the photos below.  This one was really shiny and I love the name :)




To dress it up, I did an easy cloud mani with OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke, which is a golden shimmer and then a layer of OPI The Living Daylights.



So what do you think of this polish?  Are reds your thing?  Did you pick this one up?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of red polishes too :) but once in a while it's nice to do a classic red manicure!
    I like how you dressed it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red polishes so this would be right up my alley. Love how you dressed it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reds are not my thing but I quite like the look of this one, so juicy and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete