Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Green and White Snowflakes

Hi everyone, happy Hump Day.  I'm pretty sure it should be later in the week than Wednesday ;)  The good news is that I finally finished the project that was a major source of stress at work.  To put it in simple terms, it should have taken about three and a half months to do, and I had to do it in 9 days.  Not cool to say the least.  I am just thankful it's done and I won't have to worry about it over the holidays.  Last year work really hindered my holidays due to tight deadlines and worry over points...can you tell I'm still a little bitter haha!

Today I have a design I was pretty proud of.  It took me awhile to do, but I really loved it.  I'm not sure where the idea of green snowflakes came from, but I did this one about a week and a half ago.  I started with a base of plain white using Maybelline Color Show Porcelain Party.  I then layered on a coat of OPI Save Me which contains silver glitter and multicolored bar glitter.  To create the snowflakes I used a dotting tool for the large dots on the outside and then used a small nail art brush to draw in the lines of the rest of the snowflake.  The green I used was Zoya Hunter.




I would love to hear your thoughts on my green snowflakes :)  I must like snowflakes a bunch because many of my tree ornaments are snowflakes.  Although this year I went with a cupcake theme for my tree.  Do you decorate your tree with a theme or use sentimental ornaments?

5 comments:

  1. These snowflakes look great! I really struggle doing snowflakes :/ I love how these are green instead of the normal white - they seem more festive too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful festive look and it's gorgeous with the glitter on it! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest green snowflakes I have seen! :)

    ReplyDelete