Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Essie Jazzy Jubilant-Swatches and Review

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  I hope everyone had a fun and safe new year last night.  We played board games with a goofy mix of people last night at our friends parent's house including a group of us in our mid 20's, an older theater group, and a church group including not one but two pastors.  We had a fun time but I think the best part was when one of the pastors corrected the group in saying that Vanessa Williams posed for Hustler and not Playboy (it was relevant to the board game oddly enough).  

I'm not usually one for making New Year's resolutions but I've done a lot of thinking over the last week and this year I really want to get things together.  I don't want to beat myself up if I don't succeed at everything but below is a rough list of my goals.  Feel free to share you resolutions in the comments if you want to :)

1. Make 2014 a much better year then 2013
2. Accept myself for who I am, how I look, what size I am
3. Take control of work and not let them overrun me with work while others skate by
4. Eat more fruits and vegetables
5. Go to the gym regularly and not make excuses

Today I have a festive polish to bring in the new year.  I had been eying Essie's Jazzy Jubilant every time I went to the store so I finally decided to buy it.  I tried it over a light polish and a dark polish.  You can find out what I think of it below.  This polish is part of the Luxeffects 2013 collection.


First up is Jazzy Jubilant over OPI Unfor-greta-bly Blue.  I used one coat with no topcoat for the swatches below.  Jazzy Jubilant is a glitter topper in a clear base consisting of purple, red, teal, silver, gold, and green glitter.  I found that there was a lot of clear base to glitter so I had to dab the glitter on to place it.


Next up is Jazzy Jubilant over the light polish, Ciate Sugar Plum.  This time I used two coats instead of one.  I like this color combination better.




I'm up in the air about how I feel about this polish.  I really wanted to love it but it just falls flat on the nail for me.  I really like the color combination of the glitter but I couldn't get it to translate to the nail.  What do you think of this polish?  Maybe it needs to be over white...not sure.

6 comments:

  1. I actually like it better over Sugar Plum too. When I see this I think of doing a glitter gradient with it over white! I'm not a resolution person much either, I never keep them more than a day so I just try to be a better person than I was yesterday! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, good idea Dani! A glitter gradient over white sounds fantastic, I might have to try that today :) I really like your "resolution" to be a better person each day, what a great idea. Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I think it's quite a beautiful glitter I really like it over Sugar Plum! I think it would look really pretty over a nude base too! Happy new year lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glitter over Sugar Plum too! <3 Happy New Year! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sparkly :) I love the purple base <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAppy new year!!!! I love the glitter and I also prefer the second version :)

    ReplyDelete