Sunday, February 23, 2014

Comparison Post: Essie Spring 2014 Collection

Hi everyone, happy Sunday.  Hopefully your weekend is going well.  Today is a relaxing day for me and I'm just fine with that.  Today I have some comparisons with the four polishes I showed yesterday from the Essie Hide & Go Chic Collection.  If you missed the swatches, you can find them here.  

First up is the pinks.  It's easier to distinguish the differences in real life but I tried to include a few extra pictures.  I only included opaque pinks and left out the sheers.  For the pinks I compared Essie Romper Room, Essie Fiji, and OPI Mod About You.


Essie Romper Room-The lightest of the three, it's basically one shade lighter than Essie Fiji.

Essie Fiji-Pale pink

OPI Mod About You-Has a slight purple tone compared to the other two.



Next up are the blues.  I had nothing even close to Essie Hide & Go Chic.  Essie Go Overboard is a much deeper teal and China Glaze Sunday Funday is much brighter.


Next up, the mints.  

Essie Fashion Playground-Has a dusty quality to it, very squishy looking,

Essie Mint Candy Apple-The brightest of the four mints, very clean and bright.

China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On-Has the most visible shimmer of the four (barely), more cool toned that Essie Fashion Playground

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape-Looks blue compared to the others.


Last up are the reds.  Zoya Yana is much lighter and pinker than the other two.  Essie Style Hunter and OPI Dutch Tulips are dupes.


Hopefully this was helpful in some way ;)  These are the colors that came to mind as I was swatching.  I was quite surprised to find a dupe in my collection...mission accomplished!

9 comments:

  1. Great comparison post!! Awesome to see a dupe you found too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comparison! It's good to see that some of these are dupes, the mint polishes almost all look the same! I'm happy Hide & Go Chic doesn't have any dupes that you can think of - I'll definitely have to get that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay dupes! great post and the green one makes a very pretty ombre :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the awesome comparisons! And it looks like I don't need Fashion Playground, so yay for my wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very helpful, thank you! Who knew I'd find pale pink so pretty?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comparisons! Do you know how Romper Room compares to Nicole by OPI Sweet Surrender? They look similar but it's hard to tell!

    ReplyDelete