Sunday, July 27, 2014

OPI Don't Mess with OPI-Swatches, Review, and Comparison

Hi there guys, happy Sunday.  Hopefully the weekend is treating you well.  Yesterday was pretty good around here.  The husband and I went for a walk in a local forest preserve five minutes from our house, we did some shopping, and then the rest of the day it rained and stormed so we did some cleaning and then had an Ugly Betty marathon :)  Today it's going to be rainy again so we plan on going to the movies to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 and then we are bringing dinner to our friends with their little newborn baby.  Next week is going to be crazy so I'm looking forward to another chill day.

Today I have a simple post with an OPI that I recently wore.  OPI Don't Mess with OPI is from the Spring 2011 Texas collection and it is a warm medium green cream.  I got this polish from my monthly OPI swap but I recently found a bottle at Target which will make its way to one of my giveaways in the future. 


This polish is a grassy green cream and it leaned slightly warm toned on me without clashing with my cool skin tone.  I found that this polish applied like a dream and I had no problems with application.  I used two easy coats with topcoat for my swatches.



I had this polish on my OPI wall rack and I noticed it looked extremely similar to OPI Jade is the New Black.  They looked so close in the bottle that I couldn't help but do a quick comparison on a swatch wheel.  

As you can see, Jade is the New Black is much cooler toned, whereas Don't Mess with OPI leans warmer.  Don't Mess with OPI also looks more like a true green whereas Jade looks like it has more blue tones in it and has a touch of dustiness to the color. 


What do you think of this polish?  Do you like to wear green polishes, I know I do!

2 comments:

  1. Its a nice green! Its not too bright or dark. I quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize how close that was to Jade is the New Black. Thanks for the comparison! Enjoy your day! :)

    ReplyDelete