Wednesday, October 1, 2014

OPI Swatch Spam!

Hi there polish friends, OPI swatch spam time!  These are all of the OPIs I've worn recently, probably in the last two weeks or so and nicely enough they all are Fall colors.  I wanted to keep this intro short because there are quite a few polishes to get through!

First up, OPI DS Pewter.  This polish was one of two DS polishes released last year and I actually have a video coming soon about both polishes.  If you saw my post on OPI DS Lapis, you'll know I had major chipping issues.  I did have some issues with this one as well but not as bad.  I also realized it might have been user error as I do buff the texture off the free edge of my nail because I don't like texture catching on things.

Anyways....Pewter is a textured polish with a black base and silver microglitter and silver hex glitter.  This polish does dry textured but it doesn't stick up off the nail, more like has a sandpaper like finish.  I think the color is nice and edgy and I liked that it wasn't super textured.  The formula was also great and it dried really quickly.




Here is one coat of topcoat over DS Pewter.  It didn't make too much of a difference.


Next up is OPI Moonraker which was a swap polish this month.  I like frosty metallics and I thought this was such a unique color that I really wanted to add it to my collection.  The color is a really unique blue-grey slate metallic which is like nothing I've ever seen.  The formula however is nothing I've ever struggled with.  This sucker pulled every bit of polish off the coat under it if you went over a wet part.  It was really a struggle.  I ended up doing three strokes per nail with no overlap, waiting for it to dry fully, repeating, and then one careful coat of topcoat.




Another Fall color if I've ever seen one is OPI Schnapps Out of It, which to me says pumpkin spice.  It's a little difficult to describe the color, maybe a pumpkin mauvy orange with a hint of shimmer?  I'm not sure.  The formula was really easy to work with and I used two coats with topcoat below.




Next up....whoa, red?  Yes, this one was husband's choice.  For some reason I felt like wearing red and I let him choose.  He chose OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It which is a vibrant true cherry red that reminded me of bright cherry candy.  The formula was great on this one, nice and opaque, and I used two coats with topcoat below.  It was also nice because it wasn't too much of a pain to clean up for a red.




Last up, OPI Uh-oh Roll Down the Window.  First off, sorry OPI, this is the worst name ever.  I hate the name of this polish and always will.  However, this polish is a great olive camo green and pretty much the only polish in OPI's range like this...or at least I think.  I really enjoy this color for Fall (despite the horrible name).  Another good formula, two coats with topcoat below.




Overall I liked all of these colors and I didn't think there was a dud in the group.  Do you have any of these colors or are any on your wishlist?

1 comment: